- Schedule and Repertoire
- Attend A Concert
- Meet the Musicians
- About The Symphony
- Education Programs
- New & Noteworthy
- Mailing List Sign-up
What to Expect
All Sun Valley Summer Symphony concerts are offered admission-free.
A 14X25 foot LED screen shows all orchestra festival concerts from August 3 – August 19, 2014. The audience is encouraged to sit inside the Pavilion for the In Focus Series. The lawn is open but the Big Screen is not turned on for the In Focus Series.
Kids' Music Tent
Back this summer, the Kids’ Music Tent is open during every evening orchestra concert at the back of the Sun Valley Pavilion Lawn. Children ages 4-8 explore music through hands-on projects by Kindermusik with Lisa Pettit while you attend the concert.
- Admission to the Kids’ Music Tent is free.
- The Kids’ Music Tent opens at 5:45 PM, and concludes 15 minutes after the end of the concert.
- Make a reservation by calling (208) 622.5607 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reservations will be taken for the first 10 children.
- Drop-ins on the day of the concert will be accepted up to a maximum of 20 children.
In Focus Series
The In Focus Series invites audiences to go inside the music and explore this year's theme, Made in America, which encompasses each of the four chamber music concerts. In Focus programs are on July 28, 29, 31 and August 1 and all begin at 6:00 PM. Discussions about each piece on the program will be incorporated into the 90 minute concert. In Focus concerts will conclude by 7:30 PM.
Orchestra concerts begin at 6:30 PM, and last 60-75 minutes. Note: the Pixar in Concert Program begins at 6:00 PM, concludes at 8:00 PM and includes a 20 minute intermission.
The Pavilion opens for orchestra festival concerts at 5:30 PM. Pavilion seating is available from the East Entrance (West Lake Road) for each of the nine evening orchestra concerts. Ushers will direct you to line up for seating inside the Pavilion. Reserved seats will be released for general seating at 6:15 PM.
The Sun Valley Pavilion will open earlier than 5:30 PM for those concerts that are expected to have high attendance or for inclement weather.
There will be open seating from any entrance for the In Focus Series, the Musicians’ Choice Chamber Music concert and the Family Concert.
- The Sun Valley Pavilion opens for concerts one hour prior to the performance. The Pavilion may open earlier for high attendance concerts or inclement weather.
- Ushers will direct you to line up at the Big Screen Entrance for general seating on orchestra concert nights (admission is free). Reserved seats are released for general seating at 6:15 PM.
- There is open seating for everyone from any entrance for the In Focus Series (July 27-August 1) and the Family Concert (August 9).
- In Focus concerts begin at 6:00 PM and typically last 75-90 minutes.
- Evening orchestra concerts begin at 6:30 PM and typically last 60-75 minutes.
- Running late? Ushers will allow entry at appropriate times during the concert.
ETIQUETTE IN THE PAVILION
- Families are welcome, but please ensure children are ready for a serious classical music concert. Evening concerts are most appropriate for children over the age of 10.
- Coolers and glass containers are safety hazards and are not permitted inside the Pavilion. Please, no outside food in the Pavilion (picnics are welcome on the lawn).
- Please, no photography, audio or video recordings during performances. You are welcome to take photos during curtain calls and before and after the concerts.
- No dogs, other than assistance canines, are permitted inside the Pavilion.
- Please set all mechanical and electronic devices (watches, phones, other communication and medical devices, etc.) which emit rings, beeps, alarms and other sounds to their non-audible settings.
ETIQUETTE ON THE LAWN
- Please use a chair that is low to the ground. If a basketball could fit under your chair, it is too tall for others to see over you. Need a loaner chair? Ask at the Symphony Tent.
- Sit on the lawn in a place that matches your listening style. Serious listeners up front!
- Recycle and throw away trash after the music has ended.
- If your dog has a lot of energy, please sit along the perimeter of the lawn.
- The Big Screen shows all orchestra concerts from August 3-19.
Please recycle your program by giving it to an usher following the performance, or keep it throughout the season.
Sun Valley Summer Symphony concerts are admission-free. Enjoy the music!
Parking is in the Pavilion lot across Dollar Road from the Sun Valley Pavilion. Patrons may also park in the Dollar Mountain Lodge lot and take a shuttle to and from the Pavilion. Limited handicapped parking is available in the Ice Rink parking lot off Dollar Road on a first-come, first-served basis starting at 4:00 PM. As spaces are limited, please consider using the Main Pavilion Entrance drop off area if your group includes a non-handicapped driver who is able to park and walk from the Pavilion lot.
- Blue route bus: Free from Warm Springs, downtown Ketchum and Elkhorn Springs. Stops at Pavilion Lot.
- Valley route bus: Nominal charge from Bellevue and Hailey. Stops at Dollar Circle “on the lawn.”
- Special Service: Red route free bus will pick up at the back of the Pavilion lawn (Dollar Circle) 15 minutes after each Symphony concert and will stop at all bus stop locations in Elkhorn.
For information: Call 788-RIDE (7433) or visit www.mountainrides.org.
Restrooms are located on the east and west sides of the Pavilion and at the back of the lawn.
A map and directions are available here.